Someone is holding a dog, someone is a cat, someone has a squirrel spinning in a wheel, but some prefer calmer animals that do not need to walk and run after them around the yard. That’s just what a cute funny and funny hamster is like.
At first glance, these are pretty calm and complaisant kids, but this is not entirely true and their character is very peculiar. But with a good attitude towards them, they are easily tamed.
And if you decide to have this simplicity in your home, then you need to learn something about them: their merits, the difficulties of their maintenance, the necessary conditions and feeding.
– hamsters usually do not remember the insult caused to them;
– they do not create noise in the house;
– fairly easy to train;
– for a long time, getting juicy food can do without water;
– easily breed in the home;
– rarely show discontent when children play with them like with toys;
– a very small terrarium is sufficient for them;
– eat almost everything.
– keeping hamsters not in the terrarium, usually leads to mass spoilage of things with something like gnawed furniture and shoes;
– it is necessary to constantly clean up their cell, in order to avoid the appearance of an unpleasant odor;
– in winter, hamsters fall into hibernation, which in other cases is often interrupted in order to properly refresh themselves;
– adults can be quite aggressive.
The usual size of hamsters: body length from 5 to 30 cm. Coloring of hamsters is very diverse. They can be either ash or grayish-brown, or darker. In some individuals, a dark streak is visible along the back, and black and white spots appear on the front of the body. Artificially bred white and even fluffy. Angora.
Care and maintenance of hamsters
These animals do not need any special conditions. A hamster is almost always good. This animal at home will not create a lot of care for the care, the main condition for maintenance. this is a medium-sized cage and of course a metal one, because any hamster will gnaw through a wooden or plastic one and then your apartment will face pogrom, this is why it is not recommended to keep hamsters in jars or boxes, since any box will be bitten through very quickly and it’s very easy to escape from the can . A free-walking hamster can chew on anything: the walls of the furniture will not stand, and books, and clothes and shoes. A cage made of metal and only a cage the well-being of your home from this cute looking animal. Dwarf hamsters are best kept in terrariums.
What do hamsters eat?
Breeding hamsters at home is absolutely not a problem. Rodents give offspring almost all year round. This does not require any special conditions, since one female hamster can feed up to ten broods per year. The main rule is to ensure the future mother complete peace. Since if you constantly pull a pregnant female out of the house, she may have stress.
Provided that you follow these simple recommendations, the presence of these funny animals in your house will not create problems for you, but will only bring joy. And if you have a pet hamster your children will be especially pleased. The most common type of hamsters that they love to keep at home. these are Dzungarian or simply Dzungarian hamsters in another way. In total, there are 16 species of hamsters in the world, which are found from Canada to Ecuador, as well as from Europe to North Asia.