Hamsters willingly eat vegetables and many fruits, but in order not to provoke digestive problems of a small rodent, it is important to understand what exactly and in what quantity it can be given. Pear is a very sweet and attractive product not only for humans, but also for pets, but when introducing it to the hamster’s diet, it is necessary to remember some simple rules. Let’s figure it out.
Can hamsters be given a pear
The fruits of a pear tree have a number of indisputable advantages, you just need to pay attention to their chemical composition.
So, these fruits contain such important components as:
- vitamin A;
- B vitamins (B1 and B2);
- Vitamin E
- vitamin PP;
- folic acid;
- nitrogenous substances.
All this simply cannot but have a positive effect on the consumer’s body, let it be a hamster. You can give pears to these cute animals, but, as with other types of food, do not forget about the concept of the norm, otherwise the consequences can be unpredictable.
Because of this, the animal may behave a little inappropriately and even show aggression towards the owner, which is a significant enough reason to refuse such products. In order to avoid consequences that are so unpleasant for the pet’s body, it is advisable to draw up an approximate daily diet in advance, taking into account the norms of each product given out.
How to enter the diet
Any new fruit is introduced into the diet of hamsters very carefully, starting with small doses. The average animal may well eat half the whole pear fruit at a time, but how his body reacts to this is a question.
In order not to tempt fate, divide this fruit into several slices, and then cut them into small pieces: this pet will be enough for a week, of course, provided that the fruit does not deteriorate during this time.
Ideally, it is better to give the hamster a piece of fresh pear every day, but in this case too, you will have to carefully monitor the behavior of the fluff after eating. With a large number of pears, the animal’s well-being may well worsen, which often manifests itself in constipation or diarrhea.
What other fruits and berries can hamsters
Oddly enough, but the list of approved products for consumption largely depends on the breed of a particular hamster. For example, the Syrian varieties of these animals absorb sugar from berries and fruits, while the Dzungarian animals need more careful dose control (with an excess of sugar in the body, diabetes can develop).
In general, if you comply with the issuance rate, most animals will surely like the following types of fruits:
- apples (for pregnant females, it is advisable to cut the fruits of unsweetened varieties, feeding several segments 3-4 times a week);
- bananas (since there is little sugar in them, you can at least treat the animal with banana chips at least every day, but not more than a few pieces);
- apricots and plums (preferably slightly unripe, as they have less sugar);
- watermelons and melons (can be given as a treat, but not more than 1 time in 7 days, due to the high sugar content in them).
Citrus and too exotic fruits (for example, mango or the same pineapple) are also not suitable for feeding hamsters, and sometimes can even cause an allergic reaction and anaphylactic shock of the animal, which ultimately often causes deaths.
The list of allowed options in this case will look like this:
- grape (it is possible even in the form of raisins, in which the content of iron, calcium and phosphorus is increased, but not more than 1-3 pieces per week);
- raspberries (can be used to prevent vitamin deficiency and the general strengthening of the body’s immune forces, but its overabundance threatens with diarrhea);
- cherries (these juicy and nutritious drupes can be fed fluffy only after removing the bone);
- strawberries and blueberries – A rich source of ascorbic acid that can well strengthen the immune system and resist viruses, but these berries should be gradually introduced into the diet, starting with a few things.
Video: what kind of fruit can hamsters be given If you have already decided to treat your pet with delicious berries or fruits, buy only fresh and unspoiled products, otherwise it will be simply impossible to talk about their benefits. This also applies to the pear, about the consumption of which you can still hear a variety of opinions.